Infants during this time can experience anything from discomfort, making them fractious and clingy to severe pain with dribbling, diarrhoea and disturbed sleep patterns
At a time like this infants chew anything to hand
- Chewing on liquorice stick (the natural stick). It is an anti-inflammatory and helps break down the gum tissue.
- Clove oil applied directly to the gums is very effective as it numbs them and is a good pain killer. However, it is strong so make sure you use a small amount and maybe try it on yourself first so you know how much you think your child can tolerate.
- Chamomile tea, a few drops rubbed on the teeth or ingested. In homeopathic form- chamomile 30c works wonders for a crying agitated baby who wants to be held all the time.
- A little honey rubbed on the gums lessens the discomfort of teething
- Rescue Remedy at night could help sleep disturbance
I would also add:-
- Using an Amber dummy for the infant to chew can also be beneficial
- Reiki will benefit on all levels, pain, sleep, nausea, diarrhoea and fever
- EFT Tapping will also help pain, sleep patterns and can be done easily either with your infant directly or as a surrogate.
Contact me to make an appointment to help your distressed baby.